What is a Pay Monthly Website?
Our all-inclusive monthly subscription was created to help busy small businesses and nonprofits launch a responsive WordPress website that is beautifully designed, professionally written, and hand coded. Most importantly, we help guide you through developing and maintaining an online presence that effectively positions you in the market, reaches your target audience, and tells the story you want to tell. The subscription includes strategy and planning, website design and development as well as ongoing hosting and personalized support to maintain, update and grow the site over time.
Why choose a Pay Monthly Website?
With a website subscription, small businesses get a professional online presence – without the large upfront cost of a traditional custom website, or the restrictions and lack of support of the DIY template approach. Upfront and ongoing personalized strategic marketing consulting that is usually out of reach for smaller companies is built into a monthly fee, spreading out the costs and giving you a partner to help keep your site fresh.
A Pay Monthly Website is ideal for businesses that can start with a small site and grow it over time, including:
- Businesses that need help positioning themselves in the market, and figuring out how to talk about themselves and tell their story
- Busy business owners who don’t have time to update and manage a web site, but recognize the need for an up-to-date, professional website to build their brand and attract customers.
- Business owners who are focused on running their business, aren’t interested in building deep technical web expertise, and could use a partner to advise them on building and maintaining their online presence.
- New businesses without a lot of capital that can’t afford a large upfront investment in a website but want a highly professional site to promote their business or attract investors.
- Business owners with a site that once met their needs, but which is now old, out-of-date, disorganized, broken, or not optimized for search engines.
What is included with a Pay Monthly Website?
With a Pay Monthly website, everything needed to launch a responsive 5-page WordPress website is included. There are no limits on the growth of the site, and the subscription includes the accrual of 1.5 hours of development time each month to use toward growing or updating your site. We’ll even reach out every month with content or SEO ideas to keep you on track.
Interested in learning more? Let’s connect!
Included in your Pay Monthly Website Subscription:
Website Design & Build
- Strategy—Comprehensive discovery to learn about your company and understand your needs, objectives and desired features to determine the best design for your site
- UX/UI Design—Development of information architecture, followed by professional mobile-first, ADA compliant design, image sourcing and content creation to provide the best user experience
- Coding—Hand coding of site, with no use of third-party themes or templates. Your site can include functionality such as a blog, contact form, newsletter sign-up, embedded videos, and social media links (additional fees apply for eCommerce functionality)
- Set up of site management tools—Integrated website analytics or integration of your own Google Analytics account, free SSL certificate, and access to WordPress content management
Maintain & Support
- Maintenance—Ongoing updates to software, security, PHP versioning, database, plugins all included
- Web support—1.5 hours accrue each month to use toward growing your website, adding features and improving SEO including content development and consultation
Advanced Hosting & Security
- World-class server speeds
- Use of your custom domain
- Daily backups and one-click restore
- One-click staging site for development and testing
- Daily malware scanning and notifications
- Web application firewall
- Uptime monitoring with real-time notifications of service interruptions
- Two-factor authentication to secure your user login
- Custom login URL
Page Speed Performance Enhancements
- Image optimization & image CDN delivery
- Lazy-load of images, keeping initial page-load time low
- Page cache & CDN delivery for increased performance
- GZIP Compression
- Theme asset optimization
How much does a Pay Monthly Website cost?
Our Pay Monthly websites start at $410/month (additional fees apply for eCommerce functionality). Everything involved in planning, designing, writing, coding, hosting and maintaining the site is covered. The site will launch with 5 pages and then each month you will accrue 1.5 hours of development time that can be used to grow your website, add pages, content, or features, or improve SEO. You can bank hours for large updates on a quarterly basis or use them each month.
What is the commitment with a Pay Monthly Website subscription?
The Pay Monthly Website subscription is month-to-month and begins at the kick-off of the project. If you find you no longer need your website, the subscription can be canceled at any time, with 30 days’ notice, and we will remove the site.
After the fifth year of the subscription, the site is all yours and you will have the option to continue with a monthly subscription, move your site to a maintenance contract, or transfer the site to another web hosting service.
If you wish to move the site to a different ISP earlier, we will prepare a buy-out agreement based on the time spent to date developing and maintaining the site. The buy-out agreement will take into consideration all payments previously made.
Do I get any other perks as a Pay Monthly Website subscriber?
Aukema & Associates offers a full suite of strategic marketing consulting services, available to Pay Monthly Website subscribers on an hourly or project basis at preferential rates. Whether you need a couple more hours for a large website update or want to make use of our other marketing communications services, we are here to help. We offer brand strategy services and logo development, social media management, and development of collateral like brochures, one-pagers, case studies, mailers and product sheets – and more.